Barkha Dutt Height, Barkha Dutt Weight, Barkha Dutt Age, Barkha Dutt Husband, Barkha Dutt Wiki More Info
|Real Name||Barkha Dutt|
|Profession||Indian Television Journalist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 58 kg|
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Date of Birth||18 December 1971|
|Age (as in 2016)||44 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|College||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, India|
Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi, India
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in English Literature|
Master’s in Mass Communications
Master’s degree in Journalism
|Family||Father– S. P. Dutt (an Air India official)|
Mother– Prabha Dutt (Journalist)
Sister– Bahar Dutt
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Music|
|Major Controversies||• She has been criticized for being pro-Sonia Gandhi and for “secular shrillness”.|
• While covering 2002 Gujarat violence, she flouted the guidelines of Press Council of India by identifying the victims as “Hindus” and “Muslims.”
• During 2008 Mumbai attacks coverage, she was blamed for sensationalising the events.
• In November 2010, Barkha’s conversation with Radia became the face of the Radia Tapes Scandal.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Barkha Dutt
- Does Barkha Dutt smoke?: Not Known
- Does Barkha Dutt drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Her father, S. P. Dutt, was an Air India official and her mother, Prabha Dutt, was a well-known journalist with the Hindustan Times.
- Her younger sister, Bahar Dutt, is also a journalist with the CNN IBN.
- She joined NDTV in 1994.
- She became popular after reporting the 1999 Kargil War including an interview with Captain Vikram Batra.
- For her coverage of the 2004 Tsunami, she was honoured with Padma Shri (India’s 4th highest civilian honour) by the Government of India.
- She was awarded TV Personality of the year by the Association for International Broadcasting in 2012.
- In February 2015, she was moved to the role of Consulting Editor of NDTV.
- In December 2015, she wrote a book, The Uniquet Land.