Missy Franklin Height, Missy Franklin Weight, Missy Franklin Age, Missy Franklin Boyfriend, Missy Franklin Wiki More Info
|Real Name||Melissa Jeanette Franklin|
|Nickname||Missy, Missy the Missile|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg|
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||32-26-30.|
|International Debut||2010 FINA Short Course World Championships|
|Coach/Mentor||Todd Schmitz (Colorado Stars)(Since she was 5).|
|Strokes||Backstroke, freestyle, medley|
|Records (main ones)|
• 200 m in Backstroke, timing 2:00.03 at the 2011 World Cup at the age of 16.
|Career Turning Point||2012 Summer Olympics games London|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1995|
|Age (as in 2016)||21 Years|
|Birth Place||Pasadena, California|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Nationality||American and Canadian|
|School||Regis Jesuit High School in Aurora, Colorado|
|College||University of California, Berkeley.|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father– Dick Franklin (Ex-footbal player, Canadian Football League)|
Mother– D.A. Franklin (Physician)
|Hobbies||Reading, dancing, being with friends, baking and listening to music.|
|Favourite Book||Hunger games triology|
|Favourite Movie||The sound of Music|
|Favourite Music||Hip – hop|
|Favourite Lunch||Dim sum|
|Favourite Food||Her mom’s homemade mac and cheese with chocolate milk and garlic bread.|
|Favourite Athelete||Natalie Coughlin|
|Favourite Swim meet||2011 Colorado high school state championships.|
|Favourite Exercise||A sprint set called XYZ. (She decides to set the distance and goes all out)|
|Affairs, Family & More|
|Salary||$500,000 per annum|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$3 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Missy Franklin
- Does Missy Franklin Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Missy Franklin drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Missy Franklin is a four-times Olympics gold medalist. She won four golds in her debut international 2012 Olympics, at the age of 17. She won both the 100 and 200 m backstroke events.
- She was the World Swimmer of the year and American Swimmer in the year at the 2012.
- She won the FINA Swimmer of the Year twice in the years 2011 and 2012.
- Franklin is a world record holder for 200 m backstroke style (long course) and American records in the 100 and 200 m backstroke style (long course).
- Missy Franklin has earned 27 medals in international competitions, distributed as 16 gold, 6 river and 5 bronze. She picked these medals altogether in the Olympics, World Championships (long and short course), Pan Pacific Championships.
- She also holds a record of being the only women to fetch 11 gold medals in the World Aquatics Championships.
- Missy has a dual citizenship of Canada and the US, but competes for American Team for the Olympics.
- She happens to be a swimmer because her parents wanted her to be safe around the water and so they took her swimming lessons. She started taking swimming lessons when she was only 5 because her mom pleaded for it.
- Despite the fact that it would’ve been easier for her to qualify for the team if she had given trials for the Canadian team, unlike what her mother suggested, she showed her patriotism and stuck to the American trials.
- During the time, when her career was shooting up towards stardom, she kept on refusing the prize money and endorsements, so that she could compete for the college level competitions like NCCA .
- She won four NCAA competitions in individual events.
- Franklin wants to pursue a degree in psychology with a minor in education.
- She gave the trials for the 2008 Olympics Trial at an early age of 13, competing against older swimmers. She could not qualify at the time, ranking 37th in the 100 m freestyle.
- Missy was the first woman to qualify for seven events in total, to compete in the Olympics.
- She is also called as the female Michael Phelps.
- Franklin was given the time window of 6 AM to 11 PM and could be asked to be at anywhere within one hour to get tested for her drug test.
- She trained with Kara Lynn Joyce, for the swim team Colarado Stars and got noticed for 2012 Beijing games as she got noticed while she was practicing with the former star.
- At the 2013 World Championships, Franklin was the first woman to win six gold medals in a single meet. She participated in seven events out of which she won six of them and stood fourth in the 100 m freestyle.
- She also became the first woman to win the 200 m backstroke at the Olympics, after Melissa Belote won it forty years ago in 1972.
- She did a cameo in the show Pretty Little Liars in 2003 and is part of the documentary, Touch the Wall, subjected on Missy and Kara Lynn Joyce.
- She initially attracted attention with her dance in the US Team video of “Call me may be” when she was on her way to become the elite swimmer she is now.
- She has a Alaskan malamute dog called Ruger, who is 120 lbs but gentle.
- She was the ‘star’ for the US team bringing in gold and breaking the world records. She brought in glory for the team and her nation standing at the peak, only second to the legendary Michael Phelps.
- Franklin said that she has changed with time. Since beginning to her glorious career, she said that she has been blessed with everything nice and positive. Her family has been wonderful and her career could only be so good as she went through the 2012 Olympics. All this success has made her matured and confident when she looks at her achievements. She has found her voice over the years.
- In the future, she might like to pursue Broadcast journalism.
- She swims around 5-6 kms a day in about 2-4 hours a day for 6-7 days a week. Her schedule is a little different from other swimmers because normally swimmers practice for 5-6 days and 3-5 hours a day.
- She always does small good deeds before she goes for a swim meet.
- Franklin traveled with her teddy bear Pascal.
- As a kid, she was scared of the Santa Claus and ET and now, that she is not a kid anymore, she only screams when she sees a moth or a spider!
- She loves riding on the Harley with her dad.
- She has only one tattoo i.e. the Olympics rings, which she got after the 2012 Olympics.
- Her celebrity crushes are Scotty McCreery and Justin Bieber. Missy and Bieber were even flirting on twitter. Also, Justin Beiber tweeted, “heard @FranklinMissy is a fan of mine. now im a fan of hers too. CONGRATS on winning GOLD! #muchlove.” Franklin’s response: “I just died! Thankyou!”
- Missy has swam twice with the dolphins.
- Although she could move around have more famous coaches, she chose to stay home in Colorado and stuck to Todd Schmitz.
- She has a good fan following because of her attitude and the smile that barely leaves her face. She is light and cheerful with her behavior.
- She was the second youngest swimmer ever to qualify for the US trials, although she couldn’t qualify for Beijing Olympics.
- She didn’t like the nick name “Missy the Missile”, that her dad crowned for her, but now she has it on the heel of her custom made Nike shoes.
- Franklin’s body is perfect for swimming. She is 6’2″ and can hold a basketball with one palm.
- She has appeared in the Vogue magazine.